My tip I am sharing with you today is…….cryotherapy.
On Wednesday I tried a Whole-Body Cryotherapy session. This involved exposing the body to extremely low (dry) temperatures (-90 °C).
The session lasts between 1 to 3 minutes. I actually lasted the 3 minutes. I admit I was very apprehensive at first as I hate the cold. You are given clothes to wear as well as gloves and slippers. You enter a chamber, and you can choose music to listen to. I had a dance in there to keep warm. You can go in the chamber on your own or with a friend. I was with two work colleagues who waited outside the chamber, but I felt at ease with them being there. Your temperature is checked before and after the session. Inside the chamber there is a blue light that changes to white to demonstrate how much time you have remaining.
Would I do it again – yes I would. When I came out my breathing was better as I struggle with my sinuses and always feel my nose is blocked. I have had more energy teaching classes.
- Enhanced feelings of wellbeing.
- Relieves sleep disorders.
- Burns calories to aid weight reduction.
- Increases fitness performance.
- Relieves acute & chronic pain.
- Reduces psoriasis / eczema.
- Relieves rheumatism and arthritis.
- Boost to immune system.
- Regenerative benefits in sports injury.
You can find more information at www.chillglow.co.uk